Sunday, August 5, 2012

Feat Never Fail! (And the Fat Man (Metaphorically) Was Back With the Blues)



What a joy it was to see Billy Payne (one of my favorite piano men), Paul Barrere and Little Feat last night at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro.

The crowd was beyond adoring and enthusiastic, and although the hair had that "touch of gray," you would have never guessed the median age of the audience if you hadn't been facing it.

And when Craig Fuller, co-founder of Pure Prairie League and a past Feat member, emerged from the back of the stage to lead the group in a magical rendition of Falling In and Out of Love With You/Amie, well, it was the 1970's again. I'm sorry to say that I don't have a video of the performance to share, but it looked and sounded a whole lot like this:



Yes, Craig lives outside Chapel Hill and has a son attending UNC.

And then I got to speak with both Bill and Craig after the show.

Heaven.








3 comments:

zencomix said...

I'm jealous! Little Feat is the best.

Anonymous said...

The Feat never fail me, you lucky lady, you.

Cirze said...

You're right, guys!

And they were hot hot HOT!!!!

All night.

I still have stars in my eyes.

Love you,

S